CTRL+V offers you an onsite engineers locally to your equipment. Take advantage of our global SmartHands service and allow your personnel to remotely manage equipment across multiple locations. Our SmartHands team works to help realize your team's initiatives on a project or SLA basis.
- Patching and termination
- Testing and troubleshooting
- Moves and swaps
- Labeling and tidying
- Inventorying and auditing of equipment, including recording of serial numbers, product IDs, and rack elevations
- Device labeling/asset tagging
- Visual verification of devices, components, and status
Network device troubleshooting and remediation
- Device and network-level troubleshooting, to the appropriate demarc (edge, circuit, end-station, etc)
- Physical troubleshooting, including power-cycling of devices, interface resets and module swaps
- Circuit troubleshooting
- Remediation and workarounds implemented to restore service
Installation and decommissioning of networked devices
- Installing, replacing or removing network equipment, including Field Replaceable Units (FRUs), such as fans, power supplies, etc.
- Unpacking and staging of new equipment or removal of decommissioned equipment
Device replacement and restoration of service
- Replacement of failed devices, including configuration recovery and testing to ensure service impacts are resolved with the new device installed.
Network device moves and changes
- Equipment moves, including inter and intra-cabinet moves
Field Engineer Skillset
- Responsible for onsite support duties, including installation, testing, troubleshooting and other functions, as to support the health and performance of the network
- Understands sensitivity to downtime and works to ensure a short mean-time-to-repair (MTTR)
- Performs Operations and Maintenance (O&M) tasks to ensure potential network issues are proactively addressed before they are service-affecting
- Coordinates with CTRL+V Project Management team to ensure all parties are kept up-to-date
- Collaborates with your engineering teams to resolve issues
- Acts as a true extension of your IT team
- Serves as remote hands and eyes at each site
- Gathers the proper requirements to ensure Installs/Moves/Adds/Changes (IMACs) are executed to your specification.